Legal CounselManagement Company
• Manage and coordinate the delivery of legal advice and support to the third-party fund ManCo services including fulfilling the second line of defense role and effectively managing legal risk.
• Support the head of Legal to deliver the legal strategy, working with stakeholders and legal colleagues to ensure the timely, effective and efficient delivery of all advice, projects and initiatives.
• Contribute to the legal team in its provision of legal and/or regulatory advice and support to the business and more generally to the group Funds Services.
• Support and manage external advisers and other stakeholders in successfully delivering transactions and projects on a timely basis.
• Deliver accurate and cost effective legal and/or regulatory advice to the business, ensuring it is clear and understandable to non-lawyers, delivered within relevant timescales, is commercial and proactive and manages / minimizes legal, reputational and regulatory risks.
• Strive for continuous improvements in the operating practices and processes of the legal team including identifying efficiencies, improvements and opportunities to reduce costs.
• Manage and deliver the communication of internal and external legal advice and provides input on transactions and projects to stakeholders in the business in a commercial, user friendly and efficient manner.
• Develop the legal risk and control framework and tools used by the 1st line of defense in the business to monitor and where appropriate challenge the business and central functions on the effective management of legal risk.
• Represent the group Legal on risk and control committees and provide advice, support and guidance for legal risk issues.
• Manage legal, regulatory and reputational risk within the Business, identifying and evaluating these risks and formulating robust solutions to mitigate them, escalating to the head of legal, the ManCo and to relevant business management and control areas.
• Ensure all legal support provided by the legal team remains in line with the group’s legal & regulatory framework within which the business operates.
• Educate the business and control functions on the group Legal policy standards and legal risk appetite contained within the Company’s Policy Framework.
• Demonstrate a solid understanding of conduct risk and to contribute to the management of conduct risk the business.
• More than 3 years of experience in Luxembourg in legal functions
• Fluent English
• Strong understanding of ManCo business and the funds industry
• Legal educational background
Apply to this job