Legal & Corporate in Management Company (Luxembourg)
Legal & Corporate
The Legal & Corporate Officer holds a key function in the development of governance within the Luxembourg business and in ensuring that the corporate governance arrangements for both the management company and the Funds are in line with best practice. The Officer ensures that the ManCo’s legal obligations comply with the corporate legislation. The Officer is responsible for the efficient administration of the company, i.e. statutory and regulatory requirements, and ensures that decisions of the Board of Directors and Management Committee are implemented.
• Ensuring the businesses within the Group meet the legal and regulatory requirements relating to company secretariat obligations.
• Assist clients of the Group to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
• Ensuring timetables are followed and that Board papers are prepared and issued.
• Reviewing agendas and resolutions to ensure they are accurately drafted, coherent and that Board papers have received the necessary internal business sign-offs and that these are complete, accurate and of high enough standard to present to the Board.
• Providing accurate and timely information to other stakeholders in accordance with agreed deadlines.
• Coordinating the preparation of the Board Meetings and other Statutory Meeting.
• Participate in certain projects which impact Luxembourg domiciled funds and companies.
• Ensure that adequate corporate governance frameworks are in place and adapted from time-to-time in line with regulatory change.
• Direct support provided to the Group Directors and Management Committee members acting as Non-Executives Directors or conducting officers for clients.
• Provide corporate secretary services for funds located in Luxembourg as an unbundled service offering.
• Liaising with internal teams to be kept informed of new business developments; such as launch of new funds, fund closures, restructuring and prospectus, about new CSSF circulars…
• Attending to requests for notarization of documents, certified copies of registers and Board resolutions
• Responding to due diligence queries and information requests from internal teams
• Act as Corporate Secretary for the ManCo Board, Audit Committees, Management Committees
• Previous experience in company secretarial / corporate services in the funds services industry
• Good communicator and to build a strong relationship with the team members, the clients and the regulators
• Strong risk & controls discipline
• Excellent computer skills, with a strong knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Outlook
• In-depth knowledge/experience of requirements of EU laws and regulations
• Funds Product knowledge & fund administration
• Ability to take minutes of meetings
• You deliver within tight deadlines