Legal AdvisorAsset Management firm
You will join a team of 4 legal advisors within a Asset Management company of Luxembourg.
• Prepare, draft, amend legal documents relating to investment funds, prior or further to related events (creation of the SICAV / sub-funds / funds, merger, liquidation, change of policy , commission), as per the operational needs and regulations applicable to the domiciliation country and the countries where the funds are to be registered and marketed
• Monitor files submitted to the CSSF to obtain the required approvals
• Active participation in the operational start of the events, in contact and collaboration with the operational services, if necessary the other legal services of the group, and the providers
• Establishment and follow-up of initial or subsequent files relating to an application for marketing authorization to foreign authorities
• Drafting and negotiation of agreements as per the Group’s standards, the legal and organizational specificities of the client (if applicable) and the Luxembourg or local regulations relating thereto
• Participation in the qualitative evolution of contract models in relation with other lawyers in the Legal Business Line.
• Conduct of legal studies and / or contribution to projects carried out in response to internal needs or customer files (extension of authorized fields of activity approved by the authorities, calls for tenders, commercial proposals, review of commercial documentation)
• Follow-up of disputes or incidents, in liaison with specialized internal legal and operational teams
• Development and updating of procedures.
• Contribution to the social life of the funds: AGE, AGO, resolution of the council, contact with the auditors, revision of the reports, LFR, etc.
• Management of procedures and services related to the listing of funds in Luxembourg
• Assistance in finding practical solutions to legal risks related to the company’s activities
• Contribution to the awareness of the operational staff of the legislative and regulatory provisions applicable to fixtures and conventions, as well as their evolutions
• Follow-up of the regulatory watch and study of foreign regulations for analysis of local conditions and constraints (e.g. marketing conditions in the possible formats)
• Development and updating of regulatory databases
• Educational background in Law (business law, private law)
• More that 3 years relevant experience in a legal function within the fund industry
• Solid knowledge in Contract law, Corporate law, • Commercial law
• Knowledge of financial instruments and investment services
• Fluency in English and French.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and to prioritise workflow while adhering to strict deadlines and excellent work and accuracy
• Strong technical and writing skills to make comprehensible and intelligible texts of law to non-lawyers
• Ability to convince and enforce legal obligations in order to protect the Company (2nd line of defense)
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
Apply to this job